Koča na Golici

nm 1582 m

Location

Location

Planina pod Golico100
4270 Jesenice
Coordinates
46.485909; 14.0619819

Information

Information

Phone: 00 386 41 735 911
E-mail: kocagolica@gmail.com

Capacities

Capacities

26 Beds in rooms
15 Common sleeping areas
50 Seats in the cafeterian
80 Seats in front of the hut

Working time

Working time

The hut is CLOSED.

Offer

Offer

Rich culinary offer.
Starting point for mountaineers.
Info point for Karavanke.

Description

Mountain hut stands on an exceptiona viewpoint in the middle of Golica south mountain side widely known and admired white slopes of blossom daffodils in May every year. Dining room is heated by cheramic masonry furnace, it has a power supply, toilets and water for washing. Since 2018 there’s info point in the hut as part of project Alpe – Adria Karavanke/Karawanken Reagion of Experiences.

Approach


  • from Planina pod Golico – 1 h 45; over Suha saddle – 2 h 30
  • from Križevci (forrest road crossing) – 1 h 30; over the mountain ridge – 1 h 45
  • Dom na Pristavi in Javorniški rovt – 2 h 10
  • Podrožca/Rosenbach through Medji dol/Baerengraben – 3 h 10
  • Podrožca/Rosenbach over Kladje alm – 3 h

Tours


Golica (1835 m) − 0:45 h; Klek (1753 m), over Jekljevo saddle (1488 m) − 2:00 h; Rožca (1587 m), over Jekljevo saddle and Klek slopes  − 2:30 h;

Dom Pristava v Javorniškem Rovtu (975 m), over Planina pod Golico − 4:00 h; Dom Pristava v Javorniškem Rovtu (975 m), over Suha and Kočna saddles− 4:00 h; Prešernova koča na Stolu (2174 m) − 5:00 h; Valvasorjev dom pod Stolom (1181 m) − 7:00 h; Dovška Baba (1891 m) − 3:30 h; Kepa (2139 m) − 6:00 h.

History

On this place, just above the treeline an Austro – German Alpen Verain built a mountain hut named Nemška koča (German hut). This was quite painful for patriot Slovene mountaineers, so soon after establishing a Krain section of Slovene mountain association in 1903 it was decided to build their own – Slovene hut on the very top of Golica mountain. New mountain hut welcomed visitors on 18 June 1905, and was named by Franc Kadilnik, a mountaineer and patriot, who donated a huge amount of 7000 kroun to buld a hut. During WW II both huts were burnt to the ground, and much later in 1979, on the place where former German hut stood, we started to biuld a new one, proudly open it for visitors on 3 June 1984.